Types of personal information we collect and hold
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about you or which is reasonably identifiable as you, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
The types of personal information that we collect includes:
- name of organisation;
- occupation / position title;
- email address;
- telephone number; and
- other contact details.
We may collect personal information about:
- contractors and suppliers;
- employees and candidates for employment or engagement;
- third parties seeking products; and
- other people who come into contact with us in the ordinary course of business.
How we collect and hold personal information
In general, we do not collect your personal information, unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly during your dealings with us, including by way of:
- submitting your details to us via the Website;
- personal contact with us at a face-to-face meeting or at an event;
- when you sign up to receive information about our products or services (and related information) that may be of interest to you;
- mail, email or telephone when you contact us to make an enquiry about us or our products or services.
The Risk Doctor is committed to protecting the personal information we collect and hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable and no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated wth personal information or electronic databases. Where your personal information is no longer necessary for any of the purposes for which we collected your personal information, we destroy the information or permanently de-identify it (subject to any other legal obligations we have to retain the information).
Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
The Risk Doctor collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information only for the purpose for which you provide it to us. We will not use or disclose your personal information for any secondary purpose, unless you consent to that use or disclosure; or you would reasonably expect the use or disclosure in the circumstances, and that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information.
In general, we use your personal information for the following purposes by us:
- to enable us to contact and communicate with you regarding a product or service of The Risk Doctor;
- to enable us to fulfil your requests for our products or services;
- to respond to and resolve any query or complaint;
- for internal administration, product research, evaluation and development, and quality control purposes;
- to offer you additional information, opportunities and promotions from us from time to time; and
- for any other purposes required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- enforcement or regulatory authorities, within and outside of Australia, if required by law.
Access to and correction of personal information
The Risk Doctor takes all reasonable steps to ensure any personal information we collect is up-to-date, complete and accurate. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that we use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate and relevant.
You may request access to or correction of your personal information if you believe for any reason that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete. You may also request your personal information be deleted if you no longer wish The Risk Doctor to keep your personal information. You can request access to or correction of your personal information by sending an email toDr Cyril Jankoff at [email protected] or by telephoning 0414 819 157.
Complaints about a breach
If you believe that we have breached your privacy, you should direct your concerns to Dr Cyril Jankoff at [email protected] or on 1800TheRiskDoctor or telephone 0414 819 157. Dr Jankoff will review your complaint, undertake an internal investigation and take steps to resolve your complaint. Upon receiving your initial enquiry, Dr Jankoff will contact you to regarding your complaint and the resolution process.
Policy last updated 3 April 2014