Dr Cyril Jankoff
EdD, MBA, LLB, B Business (Accountancy), Graduate Diploma in Taxation, Diploma of Contract Management, Cert IV in Training and Assessment, FCPA, FAIM.
Cyril practiced as an accountant, solicitor, business consultant and financial controller in diverse industries throughout his 30 + year career. His advice has been sought in the creation, costing/pricing, execution, management and litigation of many commercial contracts. Cyril has over 20 years experience as a forensic accountant and expert witness where he investigated and acted as an expert witness in the litigation of many commercial contracts, and saw the devastating effects of poorly created and managed contracts on organisations and their individuals. He has assisted the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association (ACLA) in their July 2012 Reforming Australian Contract Law submission to the Australian Government.
How can Cyril help you
He is a business improvement/acumen trainer and consultant. Cyril’s qualifications and expertise in law, accounting, general management, contract management and education has given him a multi-perspective approach in:
- writing reports to ‘untangle the facts’ to assist a party in dispute resolution.
- consulting on how to improve your organisation’s contract management capabilities.
- training and mentoring your staff to improve their commercial contract management knowledge and skills.
In addition to providing consulting and training/mentoring he also provide the following services
- speaking – Cyril can speak at your next conference or business function.
- contracting – let him assist if you are missing the expertise, or are just too busy.
- writing – Cyril can write for you in a contract mangement area.
Areas of expertise
Cyril’s commercial contract expertise falls into several interrelated areas:
- Negotiation – risks that affect contracts and variations
- Legal – risks that can affect a contract
- Financial – risks that can affect a contract (including understanding and working with the numbers)
- Management – risks that can affect a contract (including a view of these risks from the viewpoint of the contract lifecycle)
- System/Process – issues that are required to set up processes to ensure that contracts are managed more efficiently and effectively.
- Doctor of Education – The thesis dealt with the identification of key problems facing organisations, and how their managers and owners can be trained using Continuing Professional Development to mitigate these risks [this is a business education qualification]
- Master of Business Administration [this is a management qualification]
- Bachelor of Laws [this is a legal qualification]
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) [this is an accounting qualification]
- Diploma of Contract Management [this is a management qualification]
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) [this is an adult education qualification].
- Fellow Member of CPA Australia
- Fellow Member of the Australian Institute of Management
- Admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria as a Barrister and a Solicitor
- Member of the Association of Corporate Counsel (formerly the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association)
- Member of the Institute of Supply Chain Management (UK)
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Member of the Australian Advisory Council for the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM), which is the world’s largest body for buy-side and sell-side contract professionals
- Member of CIPSA (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, Australia)
- Accredited Gateway facilitator.
- Accountant (CPA Australia)
- Solicitor (Legal Services Board).
Certified by the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management as an Expert Level Supplier Relationship Management Professional (“SRME”).
Accredited Trainer for the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM.com) Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Practitioner program.
Partial list of clients/organisations for which Cyril has provided in-house training courses and/or consulting or other services
- Associations/Industry Groups:
- Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors’ Association
- Air Pollution Control Equipment Manufacturers’ Association of Australia (APCEMA)
- Australian Industry Group (AIG)
- Australian Institute of Management (AIM: Victoria/Tas, NSW, SA and WA)
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Australian Psychological Society
- Australian Wheat Board
- Auto Skills Australia
- CEO Institute
- CPA Australia
- Inner East Melbourne Medicare Local
- Law Institute of Victoria
- National Safety Council of Australia
- Owners Corporation of Victoria
- Project Management Institute
- Queensland Law Society
- Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV)
- Call Centre:
- Stellar Asia Pacific
- Joy 94.9 Radio Station
- South West Catchments Council
- The Compassionate Friends
- City West Water (Engineering Department)
- Colonial First State
- Fulton Hogan
- Hacer Group
- Jord International
- Locker Group
- Rutherford Group
- Sun Engineering
- The Jord
- Disney (Australia)
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Victorian College of the Arts
- Education and Training:
- Asian Institite of Mangement (Manila, Phillipines)
- Australia Institute of Music
- Box Hill Institute of TAFE
- Central Queensland University
- Charles Sturt University
- Griffith Univeristy
- Innovation and Business Skills Australia
- Internarional Businesss Conferences (Mumbai, India)
- La Trobe University
- Legal and Accountig Management Services
- Legalwise Seminars
- Marcus Evans Seminars
- Melbounre University
- Monash University
- Resourceful Events
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University
- Swinburne University
- TCQ Triangle (Dubai, UAE)
- The Centre
- Tohu Gakuen College (Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan)
- Victoria University
- Facilities Management:
- Programmed Group
- Urban Maintenance Systems (UMS)
- Financial Industry:
- ANZ Bank
- ME Bank
- Bob Jane T-Marts
- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC)
- Comcover (the Australian Government’s general insurance fund)
- Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- Department of Defence
- Department of Human Services (DHS: Victorian Government)
- Victorian Managed Insurance Agency (VMIA) (the Victorian Government’s general insurance fund)
- Western Australian Department of Finance
- Beechworth Health Centre
- Hume Medicare Local
- Latrobe Community Health Service
- Guild Insurance
- City West Water (IT Department)
- Dimension Data (Di Data)
- Vertiv (formerly Emerson Network Power)
- Local Government:
- City of Hume
- Kingston City Council (Vic)
- Maribyrnong City Council (Vic)
- Nillumbik Shire Council (Vic)
- Shire of Roebourne (WA)
- Kenworth Trucks (PACCAR)
- Reliance Industries Ltd (Mumbai, India)
- Scandinavian Tobacco
- Stafford Group
- Pearson Plc
- Resources: Oil, Energy & Mining:
- Adani Mining
- Newcrest Mining
- Reliance Industries Ltd (Mumbai, India)
- Rio Tinto
- Roc Oil
- Westfarmers Kleenheat
- Bob Jane T-Marts
- Woolworths Supermarkets
- Sporting Clubs:
- Caufield Judo School
- Greyhound Racing Victoria (GRV)
- Melbourne Cricket Club
- Melbourne Racing Club
- City West Water
- Corangamite Catchment Management Authority
- Goulburn Broken Catchment Management Authority
- Melbourne Water
- SP AusNet
- Western Power (Western Australia)
For a one-page summary of Cyril’s profile click here.
Award Education Courses
In the last 30 years Cyril has facilitated many Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Higher Education (Graduate Certificate, Graduate Diploma, MBA and Masters) courses and currently facilitates the Managing Contracts and Risk subject at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology University in the Master of Project Management degree.
- Assisted the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association (ACLA) in their July 2012 Reforming Australian Contract Law submission to the Australian Government.
- Founded the Commercial Contract Network Discussion Group to help improve in a friendly environment the general level of contract management knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Founded the Commercial Contract E-Newsletter to help improve the general level of contract management knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Advisory Council Member International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM).
Cyril is interested in family, visual arts (especially quality film), comedy and exercise (he is a member of Focus Yarraville’s Spartan high intensity workout group). He was a keen judo player but was unsuccessful in his bid to represent Australia at the Olympics.